My career background:
Spanning over 30 years in the retail arena, from stock controller to buyer, at GUS Mail Order; from buyer to buying and merchandise manager at Foster Menswear; head of buying to head of sourcing and supply at BHS.
The opportunity arose in 2000 to start AMT Consultancy and offer contracting and project work to retailers with the aim to deliver better cash profit, with a smile!
I decided to join forces with my partner to form ‘Full of Bright Ideas’ Limited in 2010, which offers both design and retail sourcing solutions.
- An understanding of the clothing process from design through to delivery,across a wide textile product range (mens, ladies and childrenswear)
- A challenging individual who asks the right questions and gets to the heart of the matter
- An extensive knowledge of European, Far East and Indian supply and sourcing offices
- Considerable connections with direct worldwide manufacturing sources
- A knowledge of the process requirements of an overseas retail office and its structure
- An understanding of, and experience of working with/for retail, mail order and e-commerce clothing companies
- Commercial in judgement and total profit focussed